What we measured:
- equipment usage (hours per day) of all cardio equipment in a gym including treadmills, bikes, elliptical machines and rowing machines
- equipment preferences of gym guests
- patterns of equipment usage over a period of 4 months
- impact of targeted messaging to encourage gym guests to use self-powered equipment
- gym guest feedback about sustainability and the use of more environmentally-friendly gym equipment
- cost comparisons (capital costs and maintenance costs) of grid-powered vs. self-powered cardio equipment
Download a complete summary of the living lab and the results in the Research Report section below.
|Key Impact||Behavior change|
|Social||Awareness and behavior|
Download information about this project.