A living lab was conducted in meeting spaces at the Provada real estate conference in Amsterdam, in June 2019. Three meeting spaces were evaluated and each contained a different type of biophilic innovation:
1. Control room (no biophilic interventions)
2. Biophilic imagery room (image of nature in the room)
3. Biophilic installation room (with a green wall with live plants installed)
What we measured:
- Air quality in the meeting rooms with a uHoo air quality monitoring device (including carbon dioxide, temperature, humidity, fine dust and volatile organic compounds)
- Feedback from meeting room users about their wellbeing in the different rooms (level of alertness and perception of the meeting room as a pleasant work environment)
A full summary of the living lab results can be downloaded in the research report below.
|Key Impact||Biophilia = better meetings|
|Environmental||Lower dust and VOCs in room with green wall|
|Economic||Improved employee wellbeing|
|Social||Biophilic elements increase alertness|
Download information about this project.